Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Here is my blacking for my new shot, I used my approved reference for blocking and I change some, he is smoking Cigar. I opened the camera and i put another character in the foreground. I found this background i hope it works If not I will model an actually office.
let me know what you think.
Thank you
Blocking
Hey Tariq!
ReplyDeleteI hope your thanksgiving was fun! Good start on your blocking man! I like your overall acting, although with this blocking pass I think you'll have to pay a bit more attention to the mechanics of the guy walking around. Right now his stance is a little distracting because I feel like his balance is off once he starts walking and standing off the wall (from 2seconds through the remainder of the shot). Once you get those poses a bit cleaner and his balance feeling better you'll want to go in and add the breakdowns for his walking mechanics. That will also inform you on if you need to change up his standing poses so they flow a little better.
Also, as he's standing there gesturing, even if it's slight, you'll want to make those gestures with the whole body as well as the hand. At the moment his torso has no movement while he's making his hand gestures, so you're missing an opportunity to emphasize and clarify his acting using posture changes while he's talking.
You may also want to think about changing the background or his clothes a bit. While his pose at the start of the scene establishes the character's attitude, I don't really get the scenario with the backdrop and the outfit. You may want to think about making the setting appear more like an office or an executive room so it instantly establishes that this guy is a boss or important person in charge.
Adding to that, since your character is supposed to be high status, it might be more effective if you have him looking down at the person he's talking to instead of up, so maybe having an over the shoulder shot of someone sitting or having them elsewhere in the scene would give you a better opportunity to play with status to make the scene more specific and clear.
Good start though man! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! :D
High five!
Hi Tariq, good first pass. This will be a great opportunity to work on body mechanics for your reel. I agree with what Lazz said above. With regards to the staging and composition, it would be better to lower the foreground person as if he is sitting. It's not clear that we're looking at an arm and a torso. The library and costumes don't bother me too much, but it would be nice if he were wearing a coat and tie with his hat, to make him look more like a business man - an oil tycoon, for example.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need to work on his balance and body posing. His first pose should feel more relaxed than what you have. The steps of his walk feel too fast. They should be more casual, like he is not going anywhere in particular. Try to get clearer silhouettes on his arm poses; in some poses the forearm is disappearing, or the elbow bend is not clear.
When he laughs, I would not have him look at the other guy. He should be laughing to himself, and then he can notice the other guy at the end of the laugh.
I like the pose and expression on "fired", but would it be stronger if he did not gesture at all? Remember that high status characters don't need to do a lot, and they often don't make eye contact with the people they're talking to.
See you Thursday!
costume example:
Deletehttp://37pence.org/tvicons/50.jpg
Thank you Victor and thank you Robert
ReplyDelete