Hey y'all! So here's a reblock incorporating Victor's notes and some of my original movements from my reference. I don't think the lean against the counter is reading as well as it could.... the next item on my to-do list is to get more weight into that.
re-block
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey! Looking awesome, much more clear! I think a good next step would be to really work on getting those expressions that Victor drew. Her eye shapes could really be pushed to sell those key expressions in a clear, appealing way. Also I don't know how attached to her glasses you are but I can see that you're fighting them a bit to get the eyes clear- is it worth the battle?
ReplyDeleteHere's an example that I could think of (about 1:26) as Rapunzel's explaining herself she has these awesome eye shapes that could kinda work as inspiration for your shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVwqTzBjULA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loo41xVIb_I
ReplyDeletehere's another example for more eye shapes as she's talking to pascal before the song starts that could inspire
Hey Kathryn!
ReplyDeleteI tried posting earlier but had issues with my internet. But anyway, this is looking good! I like how you're having her lean onto the counter now. That simplifies her overall movement and makes her feel more natural.
I think the reason the leaning action isn't quite reading has to do with your mechanics and posing. Maybe try and slightly exaggerate the c curve in her body right before she impacts the counter, and have a reversal with an a curve happen as she impacts it. Similar to what you have, just a little more defined with more breakdowns. Also, changing up her stance a bit to show more of her weight leaning in the counter could help sell that idea. It seems that you're already planning on revisiting that, so that's cool.
I like the hand gesture you go into towards the end of the shot, but it gets lost because it changes back fairly quickly at the cut. To get that to read more, I'd have her stay
And relax into that pose, holding it till the end of the shot. That way it might read a little better.
DeleteSorry about the comment getting cut, I'm having weird internet issues haha.
Anywho, it's looking great! I too am looking forward to seeing the facial expressions in there, as it's gonna really bring some more life into it. So far you've got an excellent foundation, great work!!
-Robert
Thanks you guys!
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn, nice progress on the blocking. I think part of the reason the lean against the counter is not reading is because she doesn't travel very far to screen right. I looks like she's just returning to the place she started. Perhaps if she also came a half step forward as she went into the lean it would introduce more left-to-right movement. Overlapping the torso a little after the hip contact will help as well. I agree with Lazz and Nicole that you still need to push the expressions further (try expanding the range of you lids for flares and squints), and the neat little pinky gesture at the end is happening too fast. I also feel the action of putting the swizzle stick in her coffee is too fast. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDelete