Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Another version from Nicole

I tried to hit everyone's notes, though I wasn't sure what shape to put the eyebrows in for the bits'n'pieces part so I just brought the inners up for now. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Latest Version

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicole!

    This is looking great. That expression with the sneer is really working now and reading clearly. And all the breaths you've added look awesome and also add a ton of life as well. I do still feel like you could push some of the poses in the end. After she says "I just have bits and pieces of it", there's not much movement overall and the animation feels a little reserved. The anticipation in the body is good before the strum, but if you push the end pose as well as get the shoulder more involved with the strum action, it would feel more physical and loose. You could also try adding some twist in the torso to get a little different shape change as she strums.

    Also, the guitar pretty much stops moving after when she exhales and brings it back closer to her. Adding in some movement here and there that is influenced by how her body moves and the way she's holding it would keep the prop alive more and really sell her interaction with it. I also think you could delay the action of her bringing the guitar back towards her torso by like 6 frames or so to further break up that action and add weight to the guitar. I'd say take a second look at your reference and really study how the way you're cradling the guitar makes it move around, and why it moves when it does. Getting in that extra bit of physicality with the prop will help the whole shot feel more believable.

    Overall the acting is really really solid. She feels super alive and her nervousness is coming across very clearly. It's a very cool shot and is gonna be awesome on your reel! :D

    ReplyDelete