Monday, December 16, 2013

Hey folks!

I'm still working on my current shot, and should be posting stuff for that tomorrow I'm hoping, but I figured in the meantime it would be awesome to get some more feedback on the first shot I did! I worked on it a lot before going to CTN so I'm pretty sure it's a version I have yet to receive feedback on from you guys so that would be rad. I feel like I could push the emotion coming through in the face, but I'm not too sure where as I don't want it to feel too busy. But yea! Any notes would be awesome! Thanks guys!

-Robert

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2BTckvOb8TleG5ORUFNeFNTOGM/edit?usp=sharing


8 comments:

  1. Hey Robert!

    It's looking really nice! The hair anim really adds a nice level of detail to the shot!

    The one thing that kinda bothers me at the moment is the head position right after the sigh after she says the first "I..." It feels like the head and the neck positions don't quite sync up. Like the head is almost cranked over a little too far toward camera in Y. The neck looks like it's bent straight forward in X, parallel to camera, but the head makes it look like the neck should tilt more in Z toward cam.

    Oddly enough, this same spot is the only place where the hair feels a little stiff too, like the shape stops changing before the head is done traveling screen left. It's mostly the ponytail in the back, but I'd take a look at both just in case. Other than that it feels really great.

    It's looking really good! Keep going!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert!

    I agree with keith, not sure what it is but when she looks to the right something feels strange about that pose. The mouth might be doing something a bit weird there too.

    Looks awesome, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert, this is looking great! I've got a few suggestions, but the model might be too limiting for this.
    Her brows tend to form a peak in the middle (frame 63 for example). I remember when I animation Bishop that I would always try to smooth out the center brow by lowering it, but perhaps this wont work with the eyebrow texture.
    Also on 63 her lower lip has a complicated shape. Can you smooth out that bump in the middle?
    91-99 It would be nice to see a little more compression below the eyes. Can you use the cheek or squint controls to push this?
    The lip-sync timing on "I'm really sorry Tom" looks a little repetitive and even. I think you can find one or two places to sharpen it up. For example, you could hold the 's' in 'sorry' for a frame more, and you could pop the jaw open a frame faster on 'orry' or on 'Tom'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Robert! this is looking great! I haven't see this shot in a long while, and you may have already discussed this, but i think it would be more effective if she kept her eyes on the ring, and didn't actually look at him until the end. Even as is though, it looks great. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as a reminder, we added the look up after the ring to make it clear who she's talking to. Otherwise without that context you don't realize he's standing in front of her until the end.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome guys! Thanks a ton for the notes! I'm looking forward to implementing them :)

    ReplyDelete